Health benefit of eating garlic, onions and pepper
Masa surf internet, i ada terjumpa page ni. Banyak rupanyer kebaikan dari segi kesihatan jikalau kita makan bawang putih, bawang besar dan lada hitam......
The health benefits of eating garlic, onions and peppers on a daily basis were well known to our ancestors. They used them to protect themselves from illness and to act as an antiseptic for a wide range of infections.
Modern dietary advice, supported by scientific evidence, emphasizes the benefits of a daily intake of garlic, onions and peppers. These pungent natural foods contain chemicals that can protect the body from so many major and minor illnesses, including:
* Respiratory problems
Since early civilisation, mankind has used garlic for its powerful healing qualities. Today, there is worldwide scientific evidence to support the many health benefits that can be derived from the daily consumption of garlic.
* Extensive tests on humans have concluded that a regular intake of garlic can:
* Lower total cholesterol (but raise the good-type HDL cholesterol)
* Produce more "natural killer" cells in the blood that will tackle infections and tumours
* Lower blood pressure
* Reduce the risk of blood clots (that are responsible for most heart attacks and strokes)
* Destroy infection causing viruses and bacteria
* Reduce the risk of certain cancers, in particular, stomach cancers.
* Garlic is best eaten raw. Cooking can destroy some of the "allicin" compound which is responsible for the powerful healing effects of garlic.
Like garlic, onions too, have significant health benefits. For instance, they can:
* Boost good-type HDL cholesterol (particularly when consumed raw)
* Reduce total cholesterol levels
* Increase blood-clot dissolving activity
* Reduce the risks of diabetes
* Attack bacteria that cause infection
* Reduce the risk of certain cancers
Scientific tests have further identified a compound in onions called "quercetin" which is a powerful antioxidant and cancer-attacking agent.
Peppers, along with garlic and onions offer many significant health benefits. Top of the list has to be their healing effect on respiratory problems. Hot peppers have always played an important role in traditional Chinese medicine. They are recognised for their ability to tackle pulmonary and respiratory illnesses. Peppers contain "capsaicin" which helps the lungs function more effectively. In addition, a daily intake of peppers is highly recommended for smokers and even non-smokers.
The health benefits of a daily intake of peppers are well established. Eating peppers can:
* Reduce respiratory illnesses
* Help asthmatics breathe more easily
* Control and often cure sinus and nasal passage problems
* Reduce headaches
* Provide a major source of vitamin C
In conclusion, there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that you can boost your health by eating garlic, onions and peppers, on a regular basis. Work them into your daily diet by eating them raw (ideally) or cooked. Use them as flavouring, crush, mince or chop them and include this powerful trio in as many ordinary, day-to-day recipes as you can. Don't just think of them as occasional food items to be used for special meals or when entertaining. Instead, for example, add them to burgers, casseroles and salads etc. Let your imagination come up with new ways of incorporating them into your daily diet - ideas that will really suit you and fit in with your family eating preferences.
Source : http://www.essortment.com/all/garlichealthon_rfzf.htm